April 16, 2021
Recipe: Lamb Burgers With Tzatziki, Roasted Red Pepper, and Cucumber On Brioche Bun
Tools: Tongs or spatula
Passive Prep Time: 0 minutes
Active Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1⁄2 a purple onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in half and cored
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt
- high heat cooking oil for grill grates
- tzatziki - I buy this from the store, but if you want to make it homemade there are tons of recipes online
- butter lettuce
- brioche burger buns
- feta cheese
Step 1: In a bowl, combine the lamb meat, onion, garlic, spices, salt, and parsley. Mix until well combined, then divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll into burgers and flatten sightly.
Step 2: Preheat your grill to 500 degrees, clean and oil the grates.
Step 3: Wash your lettuce, slice your cucumbers, and prepare all other toppings for burger assembly.
Step 4: Place the burgers on the grill along with the halved peppers. Grill for about 5 minutes, then flip everything over and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Burgers are medium rare when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Step 5: Remove everything from the grill. While the burgers rest for a few minutes, slice the peppers into thin strips.
Step 6: Assemble your burgers with all the toppings you like.
Photography and Styling by Morgan Ione Photography