Meet: The Low & Slow Briq
When it comes to classic barbecue, low and slow is the way to go. Cooking for a long time at a low temperature helps meat (especially tougher cuts) stay juicy, flavorful and fall-off-the-bone tender. Plus, it brings out the most distinctive flavors. Pair with wood chips to add even more intense, smoky flavor. The Spark Low & Slow system consists of a Starter Briq to get things going and a Slow-Cook Briq that is added on top of the Starter Briq to keep things going low and slow.
Burn time: 6-8 hours
Temperature range: 250-350°F
Wood variety: Hardwood Oak Charcoal
Great for: Roasting, smoking, braising and barbecuing large cuts of meat like pork butt, pork shoulder, short ribs, brisket, turkey, whole rack of ribs.
Low & Slow Briq 101
1. Insert the Starter Briq. Start the grill and set to a temperature in the 250-350°F range.
2. Leave the lid open for 10 minutes to let the Starter Briq light.
3. Open the drawer and gently insert Slow-Cook Briq on top of the Starter Briq.
4. Close the drawer and lid and wait for the grill to reach temperature.
5. Throw your food on when the grill reaches the desired temperature.